Lifeguard Student: Policies & Procedures
ARC Lifeguard Certification Course
Student Policies & Procedures
- Participants must be at least 15 years of age on the first day of class.
- Complete Red Cross 8 Hours Online Learning and bring verification to first day of class.
- Pass Swim Test on first day of class:
- 300 yard swim using front crawl or breaststroke
- 2 minute tread using legs only
- Lifeguard Certification – Retrieve a 10 lb. brick from 7 feet deep and swim 20 yards with the weight, using legs only and exit the water without using a ladder or steps within 1 minute 40 seconds. (This step does not apply to the Shallow-Water Lifeguarding Certification)
What to Bring to Class:
- Completed Online Learning Certification
- Bathing suit and towel, no bikinis allowed.
- Pen or Pencil
- Paper for note taking
- Lunch or Lunch money (lunch break will be given for all-day classes)
- CPR Pocket Mask
- CPR Mask can be purchased on the first day of class for $20
Attend and participate in all class sessions and activities
Demonstrate competency in all required skills
Pass the final skills scenario
Successfully pass the written final exam with an 80% or better
There are no refunds once the course has been registered for and payment has been received. This policy includes: students who do not pass their prerequisites or do not attend all classes for the entire duration of class, do not pass Red Cross required skills with proficiency or do not pass the written final with a minimum score of 80 percent.
Students can opt to transfer classes to another date. Class transfers are allowed a total of one time and transfer requests must be submitted on a Class Transfer Form at least 48 hours prior to the start date of their original class start date. All transfer classes must be completed within 6 months of the original class start date. All class transfer requests are $50.
The Swimming Swan LLC., reserves the right to cancel any classes at any time. If a class is cancelled, a full refund will be given OR students will be given the option to transfer classes to another date with no additional fees.
Only registered students are allowed on the pool deck and/or in the classroom during class. All visitors must wait outside in the parking lot OR leave the premises until class is over for the day.