Covid-19 Policies at CHS Aquatics Center
According to the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC), “there is no evidence that the virus that causes COVID-19 can be spread to people through swimming pools, hot tubs, splash pads, or fresh and marine water (such as water in lakes, rivers, ponds, and oceans). Proper operation and maintenance (including disinfection with chlorine or bromine) of these facilities should inactivate the virus in the water.”
That being said, The Swimming Swan takes the safety of its staff and guests seriously and follows all state and county guidelines to discourage the transmission of COVID-19. We are committed to taking precautionary steps to promote health and safety, including:
- All staff are required to wear face masks while indoors.
- Swim Instructors wear face shields while teaching.
- We are keeping our classes small to maintain some spacing. We will do our very best and appreciate your understanding.
- Facilities follow strict cleaning & sanitation protocols of all public surfaces.
- Staff handling food are required to wear gloves, face masks, and other Personal Protective Equipment according to Cal/OSHA guidelines.
Other general policies include:
- Encouraging COVID-19 vaccination among staff.
- Posting highly visible COVID-19 prevention signage.
- Have face masks available when requested by patrons.
- Following county protocols regarding outbreak response, reporting, and employee services.
Rules and protocols may change without notice as we follow the most current CDC, state, and Santa Clara County guidelines.